Self-Direction by HHAeXchange
Choice, Control, and Flexibility in Long-Term Services and Supports
Keep participants in the driver’s seat.
Simplify Self-Direction Management With Our Powerful, Data-Driven Platform
HHAeXchange offers robust software for home and community-based services (HCBS) providers, helping people who are aging or have disabilities thrive in their homes and communities.
A Leader in Self-Direction
Founded in 2008, HHAeXchange is the national leader in self-direction software. Serving thousands of self-directing individuals in more than 40 states, our solutions power organizations to grow.
Support, Guide, and Simplify Self-Direction
- Manage participant enrollment with compliance workflows and status checks
- Create and approve participant budgets viewable in real-time
- Coordinate timesheets and invoice processing
- Bill Medicaid, fee-for-service, managed care, Veterans Health Administration, and other payers with powerful electronic claims, using batch electronic files including 837i and 837p
- Record location only at clock-in and clock-out with anEVV solution purpose-built for self-direction
- Stay connected with a cloud-based, HIPAA-secure system that’s accessible from anywhere
Who We Help
HHAeXchange has helped all types of organizations build and expand their self-direction programs, including:
- Fiscal/employer agent
- Agency with choice
- Fiscal intermediary
- Fiscal support entity
- Intermediary service organization
- Co-employment service
- Financial management services agency (FMSA)
- Consumer-directed services agency
Additionally, our software has supported the following programs:
- Consumer direction
- Participant direction
- Cash and counseling
- Veterans-directed care
- Community living programs
- Money follows the person
- Home and community-based services
- Consumer-directed services
- Consumer-directed care
- Consumer-directed option
Facts on Self-Direction
The self-direction movement is said to have officially begun in 1953, when Los Angeles County discovered that it could care for its 158 iron lung users with polio at a cost of only $10 per day using personal assistants, rather than paying $37 a day for inpatient care at the Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center.
Deep Expertise Rooted in Self-Direction
The HHAeXchange team is always listening and learning so we can continue to help providers support the increasing number of people who wish to self-direct. We know the ins and outs of policies and stay on top of changing state and federal regulations so we can ensure all clients meet compliance requirements.